When Walt Kelly put the quote “WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US” on the first Earth Day poster in 1970, it is doubtful he envisioned it applying to the biopharmaceutical industry.
Yet, for David Lowndes, SVP of supply chain management at Shire Pharmaceuticals, the quote is pertinent to how his company approaches working with supply chain partners. He says it all started with a paradigm shift related to how Shire maintained the integrity of supply for its wholly outsourced, 100 percent virtual small molecule drug business.
- Sustainable agri value chains: Lessons for the private sector
- Honeywell, Intel to Jointly Develop Internet of Things Solutions for Retailers and Logistics Providers
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Enhances Supply Chain Visibility
- San Francisco biohackers are wearing implants made for diabetes in the pursuit of 'human enhancement'
- RILA Supply Chain Conference coming in February