Agricultural sustainability is intrinsically linked to food security, and therefore critical to India’s progress and socio-economic development.
One of the biggest challenges facing Indian agriculture today is to make it economically remunerative for the farmer, while ensuring that operations are socially sustainable as well as climate-resilient.
In this regard, the onus lies on private food and agribusiness players to promote sustainability across the food value chain and to augment public sector efforts in this arena. The agribusiness sector needs to seek new economic models that support and build on sustainable agricultural production and food processing.
- Honeywell, Intel to Jointly Develop Internet of Things Solutions for Retailers and Logistics Providers
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Enhances Supply Chain Visibility
- San Francisco biohackers are wearing implants made for diabetes in the pursuit of 'human enhancement'
- RILA Supply Chain Conference coming in February
- BMO Highlights Key Takeaways on Tech Giants Apple Inc. (AAPL) and QUALCOMM, Inc. (QCOM) Following Asia Technology Supply Chain Tour