Author John Naisbitt has said, “Trends, like horses, are easier to ride in the direction they are going.” When it comes to the challenges facing third-party logistics (3PL) providers and what they are doing as a result, it appears he is correct. Identifying the trends and where they are heading, then doing what it takes to get your 3PL moving in the right direction, appears to be the best approach.
The reality is 3PL has entered a period of rapid change. Its growth has been tremendous; a trend that’s expected to continue well into the future.
- Supply Chain News: DHL Leading the Charge to Bring Smart Glasses to the DC with Expansion of its Pilot Program
- Top 50 U.S. and Global 3PLs 2016: Technology Now the Key Differentiator
Johnson Controls, XPO, Caterpillar, CEVA and More Share Thoughts on Biggest Logistics & Supply Chain Challenges for 2016
- Chinese, U.S. rail firms eye Mexico as reforms loom -lawmaker
Why Dunkin’ Brands is a unique player in a maturing industry (Part 7)
- Sustainable agri value chains: Lessons for the private sector
- Honeywell, Intel to Jointly Develop Internet of Things Solutions for Retailers and Logistics Providers
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Enhances Supply Chain Visibility
- San Francisco biohackers are wearing implants made for diabetes in the pursuit of 'human enhancement'
- RILA Supply Chain Conference coming in February