Amazon has made their first official drone delivery this past week and it could mean big things for the supply chain. As of now, limitations on Amazon’s drone are relatively strict as they can only deliver packages 5 lbs. or less with a 15 mile range. However for Amazon this doesn’t present much of a problem as nearly 87% of their products are under 5 lbs. and Amazon warehouses are located all around the globe.
Manufacturers are now wondering if this technology can be transferred over to the industrial supply chain.
- Sustainable agri value chains: Lessons for the private sector
- Honeywell, Intel to Jointly Develop Internet of Things Solutions for Retailers and Logistics Providers
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Enhances Supply Chain Visibility
- San Francisco biohackers are wearing implants made for diabetes in the pursuit of 'human enhancement'
- RILA Supply Chain Conference coming in February