Global retail giant Amazon.com Inc has registered to provide ocean freight services through its Chinese unit, a move that will give it more control over shipping products from Chinese factories to shoppers in the United States.
Amazon China has submitted an application to the U.S. Federal Maritime Commission, sources said, adding that the company has sought a non-vessel operational license, indicating that it will not buy or own fleet. Instead, the company will subcontract the business to shipping companies.
- Sustainable agri value chains: Lessons for the private sector
- Honeywell, Intel to Jointly Develop Internet of Things Solutions for Retailers and Logistics Providers
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Enhances Supply Chain Visibility
- San Francisco biohackers are wearing implants made for diabetes in the pursuit of 'human enhancement'
- RILA Supply Chain Conference coming in February