The Lexington City Council approved two construction bids, equaling approximately $5.6 million, for the renovation of Washington Park and to build a new city electric operations center and warehouse.
At the council's regular meeting on Monday, W.C. Construction Co. of Winston-Salem was awarded contracts bids for both projects, $1.2 million for Washington Park and $4.4 million for the operation center and warehouse.
According City of Lexington Purchasing Officer Britt Smith, the company was chosen not only for the bid, but because city staff felt it would be able to do both projects simultaneously.
- Sustainable agri value chains: Lessons for the private sector
- Honeywell, Intel to Jointly Develop Internet of Things Solutions for Retailers and Logistics Providers
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Enhances Supply Chain Visibility
- San Francisco biohackers are wearing implants made for diabetes in the pursuit of 'human enhancement'
- RILA Supply Chain Conference coming in February